Thursday, October 20, 2011

1 Year old!!!

One year ago today, my life changed more than I could have ever expected it to. I gave birth (via c-section) to my beautiful son, Matthew James Leo.

I had been waiting so long to have a child and I had no idea how I was going to feel when he was born, but when I heard him cry for the first time-I cried along with him. I had never seen something so perfect in my life. When my husband held him to me I whispered in his ear how long I had waited for him and how much I already loved him. Then they wisked him away with his daddy to be cleaned up.

In the recovery room my husband wheeled him in to me in his little bassinet and all I could do is stare at him. I couldn't move the lower half of my body, and was shaking uncontrollably from the medication but I could look at him.

I could hardly wait to hold him so I willed my limbs to move so that I could go to my room and hold this beautiful little baby. He was so calm in his bassinett just staring right back at me and I just talked to him like I had done for the previous 9 months. He seemed to know my voice and just listened.


I finally got to hold my baby. I was totally exhausted from being in labor the night and day before but he was worth ever single second.

The last year has gone by so fast. From rolling over to crawling to eating food and finally walking, oh and adding a baby sister to the mix, Matthew has brought nothing but joy to the lives of myself and my husband. We watch him grow and thank one another for the amazing gift we gave to each other. We can't wait to see what the future brings and continue to watch our little boy grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment